I know be shocked! Look at me blogging. Sorry it has been so long since we have updated. Our everyday lives are kind of boring, hence why I haven't blogged. But the past few months we have done things that are blog worthy. Since I last updated another two semesters (Winter and a 4 week summer semester) came and went for Rumel. And I just want to take a minute to brag on my amazing hubby. He has maintained a 4.0 GPA and is doing very well in all his classes! He is really enjoying all of his classes and working hard. I am so very proud of him and thankful for all his hard work to improve and provide our future! Sorry for that little side note. Rumel also had an internship with the school building a Flow Loop for the INL. School finished up for me as well and summer vacation started.
Our summer has turned out a little bit different than we original thought. When we were planning for this summer we had thought that Rumel would be doing an internship. Well, he started his internship out in Burley and after a few days we decided and had a feeling that he shouldn't be out there anymore. So he came home and has spent the summer with me which has been a blessing and tons of fun. Our first adventure was going to Logan for my cousin's wedding. We didn't get any pictures from the wedding but it was a beautiful day and Alysha and Josh looked so happy. I also think there was a little help from above to have the weather hold out as long as we needed. That Friday before the wedding was Rumel's birthday. I gave him his presents and sang to him on his actual birthday and then we celebrated with my family on Sunday.
The Monday after the wedding we headed down to SLC because I had an appointment. While we were down there, we went to lunch with my good friend Lisa. It was so good to see her and catch up. We realized that it had been almost a year since we had seen each other which is unacceptable. We will have to make sure that doesn't happen again. Anyway, it was great to spend time with her. She decided to take the rest of the day off work so we were able to spend 3 hours together. I'm not sure Rumel had as much fun as Lisa and I did, but he survived. The next day we came back to Idaho. We had decided we wanted to go to the temple but since the temple in Idaho Falls was closed, we went up to Rexburg. It was nice to go do a session up there. Rumel showed me around all the places he used to hang out while he was in school. We also met up with Rachelle and she showed us some of the new buildings that Rumel had never seen. On our way back home, Rumel took me to Big Judd's to have a burger. It was pretty delicious!
A few days later we went back to Burley to get Rumel's things. Since we were so close, we decided to make the short drive up to Twin Falls to visit Shoshone since they were so full. We got some awesome pictures and it was amazing to see how full the falls were. The next day, we went back down to Hyde Park. We wanted to go to another session at the temple with my parents and then they were going to take us to dinner for Rumel's birthday. Well, on Wednesday my Grandma Seamons was having some pain in her leg and her chest. She had a doctor's appointment and her doctor sent her up to the hospital to get some things tested. While she was there her heart rate was really low and was staying that way. They kept her overnight for observation and her heart rate wasn't improving like they wanted, so they scheduled her for surgery to put a pacemaker in Friday morning. When we got to Hyde Park Friday afternoon the surgery had gone well and she was doing fine. We went to the temple and dinner with my parents which was very nice. Over the course of the day it was determined that someone would need to stay with my grandma when she went home on Saturday. The family was going to hire an aide to come and stay with her at night and instead of doing that, I volunteered. So on Saturday we went to Banida (a town just north of Preston) for a Gregersen family reunion. After the reunion we came home to get some extra clothes since we hadn't planned on staying in Hyde Park for two weeks and headed back to Hyde Park so I could spend the night with my grandma. We spent the next two weeks at my parents so I could help my grandma at night. Rumel spent his time helping my parents and other grandma with projects.
Once the two weeks were over, we came back to Idaho to get ready to go to Island Park with Rumel's family. We came home on a Tuesday and left for Island Park on Thursday. Island Park was awesome! It was the first time since we've been married that we've been able to go. We spent our time playing games, visiting, eating tons of yummy food, playing at the lake, and enjoying evening campfires and stories. All of Rumel's immediate family was able to make it and it was the first time in several years since had all been there together. We were also able to use our tent for the first time and survived our first camping trip together as a married couple. We headed back home on Sunday afternoon. When we got home we quickly unloaded and started laundry for our next adventure. We did several loads of laundry so we could repack and head to Utah again.
On Monday morning we headed to Hyde Park to help my parents pack and get ready and then head up to Bear Lake for the week. We spent our time in Bear Lake playing games, spending time at the lake riding wave runners, swimming at the pool, eating way too much delicious food, and visiting with the family. On Tuesday morning the annual Spuhler Family Golf Tournament took place. My brother Todd won the tournament for the first time this year. Rumel took home the Duffer award. He not only got a trophy and a golf M&M dispenser. Go Hunny! He jokes with my brothers that he is on the 5 year plan, meaning that within 5 years of marrying me, he will take home the title. He has 2 years left to make his plan a reality. This year there was an exciting announcement made, my brother Todd and his wife Ami are expecting and due Jan. 6! We are excited for them and for the new addition to our family! Our Bear Lake trip was definitely a success and we headed home Friday morning.
Once back at my parents' house we spent time hanging out with my siblings and enjoying family time together. We were able to get a family picture before everyone left, even if it will be outdated in a few months. It was great to all be together and catch up on each others' lives. On Monday we headed to SLC for a little bit and were able to have dinner with our friends the Boyers and the Warrens. It was fun to see them and catch up. We went back to Hyde Park Monday night and then finally headed home to Poky Tuesday. Rumel had a meeting with the 2nd counselor in our Bishopric and go a new calling Tuesday evening. He is the assistant Venture scout leader. He is pretty excited about it. It will be a great opportunity for him and he will do awesome!
On Saturday the 30th we had a bridal shower for Troy's fiancée Sasha in Blackfoot at Travis and Heather's house. We had a really good turnout and Sasha received a lot of very nice gifts. I can't believe how close their wedding is getting. I decided I would try making Oreo Truffles for the shower. They turned out okay. I didn't think they looked very good because I got in a fight with the white chocolate while I was dipping them, but they all disappeared. We were discussing some variations on the truffles and long story short I get to make more truffles for the open house for Troy and Sasha on the 19th. I think I have a better game plan now so hopefully they turn out better.
Well, I think that covers most of our adventures and happening over the last little bit. We are enjoying just being at home and relaxing before school starts for the both of us. Hope all is well. I will try and get some pictures posted in the next few days of our adventures.
1 comment:
You guys have had a busy summer! I'm glad we've been able to spend some of these fun events with you. We'll be seeing more of you the next couple of weeks. Hooray! :)
Post a Comment